Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning issues: LTO-3/ADIC i2k and NBU 5.1 MP3

2006-03-02 02:44:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning issues: LTO-3/ADIC i2k and NBU 5.1 MP3
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:44:28 -0000
Hi Brian
I had an LTO1 ADIC, and to be very truthful, I ended up doing it manually,
because the tape request simply did not interact with Netbackup 3.4

Not only that, the ADIC constantly wanted the drive to be cleaned almost
every other day. And I found this hard to believe, because if you do too
many cleans you would end up damaging the drive heads I guess!

The things to check would be the Barcode Rules, that its identified as a
cleaning tape, but as I said I never got it to automatically work. I checked
the amount of times the drives had been used and where required cleaned
them!

Simon Weaver
Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium
Tel: 02392-708598

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium.eads DOT net