Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1 and checkpoints

2006-02-22 02:24:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1 and checkpoints
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:24:32 -0000
Mitch
IF it fails, the idea behind the checkpoint flag (or marker) is that
Netbackup will look at the images and verify the last checkpoint it made.

If it is present, Netbackup will start the backup from that point.

Example - Backup kicks off at 8pm with checkpoint enabled every 30 mins
8:30pm - Checkpoint made
8:57pm - Backup fails
8:59pm - Backup restarts, looks for checkpoint - see's one flag for 8:30,
backup kicks off from that point!

That's how I understand it :-)

Simon Weaver
Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium
Tel: 02392-708598

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium.eads DOT net