Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.x Minimum hardware recomendations

2006-02-17 10:00:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.x Minimum hardware recomendations
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:00:47 -0600
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 04:39:45PM -0600, Dave Bourgoin wrote:
> This newly published performance and tuning guide may help.
>
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281842.htm

At first glance, this document looks great!  The one thing I would like
to really see, however, is a definition of what Symantec considers a
"CPU" - there are great rules of thumb for how many CPUs you need to
perform certain functions, but the CPU in a 420 (where we're at today)
isn't the same as the CPU in a 490 (which we've got on order).  Using
something like TPC figures might be more helpful.  On what did you base
your CPU suggestions?

Thanks for the pointer to the doc!  180 pages of great info.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org