Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can a 4.5FP_6 media server backup a 5.1 client?

2006-02-12 20:30:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can a 4.5FP_6 media server backup a 5.1 client?
From: radhakrishnan.venkataramanan AT citigroup DOT com (Venkataramanan, Radhakrishnan)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:30:49 +0800
There is a problem, sometimes you may not able to restore files properly. I had
backups running for 4.5 master with 5.1 Media server. When i had restore there
was a problem it could restore somefiles although there was no issues in the
tape I couldn't restore the files. Veritas support simple told they won't this
configuration. I then duplicated the tapes using nompx option and got it
restored.

Regards
Radhakrishnan