Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups for Disaster Recovery

2006-02-10 09:09:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backups for Disaster Recovery
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:09:39 -0500
I've been thinking of how best to offsite my catalog tapes for disaster
recovery.  Currently, our catalog is backed up after each session of
scheduled backups is completed.  With disk staging, that means twice
daily.  I want to minimize the window of manual catalog reconstruction
while effectively managing tapes.

As I can see it now, there is no way to schedule another catalog backup,
say every Sunday at 3AM.  Correct?  Is there any other way to, say by
script, to kick off said job type?

What I'm trying to target is a window no greater than a week, with
weekly offsite rotation.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason Brooks