Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can a 4.5FP_6 media server backup a 5.1 client?

2006-02-10 07:27:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can a 4.5FP_6 media server backup a 5.1 client?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:27:26 -0600
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 06:18:55AM -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> All my master servers are 5.1.x, some of the media servers however are still
> running at 4.5_FP6.
>
> Will there be any issues if I upgrade all of my clients to 5.1 as the media
> servers are still at the 4.5_FP6 revision?

I don't believe that this is supported.  The rule is that the master has
to be at a higher rev than the media servers which have to be at a
higher rev than the clients.

The only exception I have seen has been with the OpenVMS client - it can
be at a higher rev than the master or media and it will negotiate and do
the right thing.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA