Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email Notification from Netbackup 5.1 (Windows)

2006-02-08 15:05:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email Notification from Netbackup 5.1 (Windows)
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:05:52 -0600
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 06:43:08PM +0400, Naidu V. T. wrote:

> We have one Master Server Netbackup 5.1 on Windows 2003 and 7 SAN Media
> Servers all on Windows except one media server on Solaris. Our customer
> Wants email notification only when backups have failed. Can anybody
> suggest
> Me how to notify only failed jobs.

Edit backup_exit_notify on the master server to do what you want. I
don't know what it looks like on Windows, but on Solaris it's easy to
test the final status code to see if it's non-zero.

I think that Veritas has some info on this on their web site too.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org