Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] performance?

2006-02-08 13:17:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] performance?
From: blaine_robison AT yahoo DOT com (Blaine Robison)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:17:02 -0800 (PST)
Unless I am missing something here IPMP only increases throughput on the
outbound side of the server. Media servers are typically bringing data in from
the network.

Excerpt from docs.sun.com:

Outbound Load Spreading
With IPMP configured, outbound network packets are spread across multiple NICs
without affecting the ordering of packets. This process is known as load
spreading. As a result of load spreading, higher throughput is achieved. Load
spreading occurs only when the network traffic is flowing to multiple
destinations that use multiple connections.