Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error(196) - Backup Window Closed

2006-02-06 07:11:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error(196) - Backup Window Closed
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 07:11:19 -0500
------=_Part_13313_23846832.1139227879819

Quick question,

I've recently started working in a new environment.

Previously I would have a policy with a schedule such on a calendar based
policy that looked like this:

MON: 10:00PM-6:00AM (inc)
TUE: 10:00PM-6:00AM (inc)
WED: 10:00PM-6:00AM (inc)
THU: 10:00PM-6:00AM (inc)
FRI: 10:00PM-6:00AM (inc)
SAT: 10:00PM-6:00AM (inc)
SUN: 10:00PM-6:00AM (full)

The client would only miss the backup window Error(196) if during that
entire time it could not access an available tape drive.

However,

With the new environment, it uses a frequency based schedule for its
incremental and full backups.  Instead of specifying a specific time, for
the daily backups, it looks like this:

MON: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
TUE: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
WED: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
THU: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
FRI: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
SAT: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
SUN: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)

At first, I thought it may be related to how long the job sits in the queue=
,
I tried increasing that from around 30,000 seconds to 72,000 seconds;
however, it does not appear to have solved the issue.

Should I move the policies to a calendar based system or is the problem
exhibited elsewhere?

Thanks,

Justin.

------=_Part_13313_23846832.1139227879819

sed policy that looked like this:</div>
-6:00AM (inc) </div>
-6:00AM (full)</div>
 entire time it could not access an available tape drive.</div>
ncremental and full backups.&nbsp; Instead of specifying a specific time, f=
or the daily backups, it looks like this:</div>
(the entire length from left to right)<br>THU: 24 HOURS (the entire length =
from left to right)<br>FRI: 24 HOURS (the entire length from left to right)
the entire length from left to right)</div>
queue, I tried increasing that from around 30,000 seconds to 72,000 seconds=
; however, it does not appear to have solved the issue.</div>
m exhibited elsewhere?</div>

------=_Part_13313_23846832.1139227879819--