Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Move /usr/openv to NFS mount coming from NetApps

2006-02-02 11:17:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Move /usr/openv to NFS mount coming from NetApps
From: algorithm AT gmail DOT com (Algo Seeker)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:17:22 -0500
------=_Part_9399_487910.1138897042853

Thankyou very much, this is what I was looking for, I was too lazy for
guide. Really appreciate the response.

On 2/2/06, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
wrote:

> This is from the v5.1 install guide (p20):
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
> Because the product uses file locking, VERITAS recommends that
> you not install NetBackup in an NFS mounted directory. File
> locking in NFS mounted file systems can be unreliable.
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> May not be a good idea, then.
>
> We had trouble running one of our large media servers on NFS, strange
> errors
> be blamed on performance problems.  Moving the application dir to local
> disk
> cleared the issues.
>
> -M

On 2/2/06, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername"><a href=3D"mailto:Mark.Donaldson@c=
exp.com">
Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com</a></b> &lt;<a
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]=
om">Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote
class=3D"gmail=
_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt=
 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
he product uses file locking, VERITAS recommends that<br>you not install Ne=
tBackup in an NFS mounted directory. File<br>locking in NFS mounted file sy=
stems can be unreliable.
 running one of our large media servers on NFS, strange errors<br>be blamed=
 on performance problems.&nbsp;&nbsp;Moving the application dir to local di=
sk<br>cleared the issues.
itas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT
eng.auburn.e=
du</a><br>[mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu=
">
veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>]On Behalf Of Algo
Seeker<br>Sen=
t: Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:51 AM<br>To: <a href=3D"mailto:veritas-bu@=
mailman.eng.auburn.edu">veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a><br>Subject: [=
Veritas-bu] Move /usr/openv to NFS mount coming from NetApps
king about<br>migrating to a new server. Anybody moved from local file syst=
em to shared<br>storage. Almost all of my backups are NDMP (Netapps), and a=
s the number of

------=_Part_9399_487910.1138897042853--