Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Move /usr/openv to NFS mount coming from NetApps

2006-02-02 11:11:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Move /usr/openv to NFS mount coming from NetApps
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:11:57 -0700
This is from the v5.1 install guide (p20):

====
Because the product uses file locking, VERITAS recommends that
you not install NetBackup in an NFS mounted directory. File
locking in NFS mounted file systems can be unreliable.
====

May not be a good idea, then.

We had trouble running one of our large media servers on NFS, strange errors
be blamed on performance problems.  Moving the application dir to local disk
cleared the issues.

-M