Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rsync'ing the Netbackup Catalog?

2006-02-02 10:56:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rsync'ing the Netbackup Catalog?
From: Mike.Haslam AT tnt DOT com (Mike Haslam)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:56:07 +0000
Has anyone had any experience using rsync to replicate their NetBackup
catalog to a recovery site?  I am investigating this option at the moment.
I would be grateful for some help on how best to go about this, whether
anything has to be taken offline within netbackup whilst rsync is running
for the catalog, what command line options should be used for best results,
the files backed up and if any exlcludes should be used?

Has anyone succesfully, or otherwise, used an rsync'ed NetBackup catalog?

otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.