Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Assistance Required

2006-01-31 09:01:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Assistance Required
From: durrantj AT wwwebi DOT net (Justin Durrant)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:01:14 -0000
Hi

I've been asked by my manager to look at our existing backup infrastructure
and see how scaleable it is.
We use NetBackup here and are running version 5.0MP5 but I am unfamiliar
with the interfaces etc.

I have asked some colleagues of mine to provide me with some information
regarding how much we backup today (raw data and data on tape) but would
like to know if there are more questions that I should be asking.

I would also appreciate it if any of you had design documents that you would
be willing for me to look at? Perhaps I could use these as a reference?

I'm pretty new to Veritas and haven't been directly involved in backup
procedures for a number of years but, when the manager asks, I must obey :-/

Can anyone help me to define the new backup strategy? (which I expect to be
thoroughly changed when I show others).

Thanks in advance.
Justin

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by DFK Systems
Limited, and is believed to be clean.