Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring

2006-01-26 16:54:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:54:48 -0600
--=_alternative 00785F5F86257102_=

We use Aptare also. I like it. We are a small company netbackup shop. We
bought it for historical tracking.

Karl

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 01/26/2006 03:28:41 PM:

> Greg
>
> We use Aptare Storage Console http://www.aptare.com/ and find it to
> be the best monitoring tool on the market.  We did an extensive POC
> bakeoff with (Symantec) CC Service, Bocada and Aptare.   Our NOC
> uses the command center dashboard in the product to monitor all
> masters.  Feel free to reply with your phone number if you want any
details.

> Monte

CEG-IP2
--=_alternative 00785F5F86257102_=

a small company netbackup shop. We bought it for historical tracking.</font>
01/26/2006
03:28:41 PM:<br>
&gt; Greg</tt></font>
and find it to <br>
&gt; be the best monitoring tool on the market. &nbsp;We did an extensive
POC <br>
&gt; bakeoff with (Symantec) CC Service, Bocada and Aptare. &nbsp; Our
NOC <br>
&gt; uses the command center dashboard in the product to monitor all <br>
&gt; masters. &nbsp;Feel free to reply with your phone number if you want
any details.</tt></font>
&gt; From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-<br>
&gt; admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Hindle, Greg<br>
&gt; Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:14 PM<br>
&gt; To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<br>
&gt; Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup monitoring</tt></font>
netbackup? &nbsp;We have <br>
&gt; many custom scripts created to perform some monitoring tasks but I
&gt; have been tasked with looking for something that can automate allot
&gt; of the monitoring without having to write a customer script for <br>
&gt; everything. Management also wants our NOC people to take over some
&gt; of the monitoring for us to allow us to get to the real work instead<br>
&gt; of worry about upping drives or restarting failed jobs. Any
ideas?</tt></font>
&gt; Greg <br>
&gt; &nbsp; </tt></font>
are confidential, may contain legal,</tt></font>
and are intended solely for the</tt></font>
recipient, do not use the information</tt></font>
and notify the sender. CEG-IP2</tt></font>
--=_alternative 00785F5F86257102_=--