Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Cluster backup with Netbackup 4.5 DC on Solaris 9

2006-01-23 08:13:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Cluster backup with Netbackup 4.5 DC on Solaris 9
From: peterliu AT pliu.freeserve.co DOT uk (Peter Liu)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:13:14 +0100 (CET)
------=_Part_487_1164635.1138021994537

Hi,
I'm trying very hard to backup a couple of Window Servers in a clustered
failover environment and I'm having no luck. Any help would be appritiated.
Backup Server: Solaris 9 / Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP6
Clinet: Windows 2003 failover cluster
I have come across a couple of articles which suggest that three policies need
to be setup.
Policy one will contain active host, with exclude lists
Policy two will contain passive host, with exclude lists
Policy three will be just the cluster name
Is this the best way of doing it or is there an alternative. A step-by-step
guide will be great from anyone who has experience with this as I am fairly new
to Netbackup.

Many Thanks in Advance.
------=_Part_487_1164635.1138021994537

<P>Hi,</P>
<P>I'm trying very hard to backup a couple of Window Servers in a clustered
failover environment and I'm having no luck.&nbsp;Any help would be
appritiated.</P>
<P>Backup Server: Solaris 9 / Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP6</P>
<P>Clinet: Windows&nbsp;2003 failover cluster</P>
<P>I have come across a couple of articles&nbsp;which suggest that&nbsp;three
policies need to be setup.</P>
<P>Policy one will contain active host, with exclude lists</P>
<P>Policy two will contain passive host, with exclude lists</P>
<P>Policy&nbsp;three will be just the cluster name</P>
<P>Is&nbsp;this the best way of doing it or is&nbsp;there an alternative. A
step-by-step guide will be great from anyone who has&nbsp;experience with this
as I am fairly new to Netbackup.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Many Thanks in Advance.&nbsp;</P>
------=_Part_487_1164635.1138021994537--