Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database backup scheduling with different retentions

2006-01-19 12:49:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database backup scheduling with different retentions
From: wts AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:49:22 -0500
You could use 3 policies, depending on your requirements, with calendar
based schedules.  For example, 1 policy might be weekly and specify all
Saturdays of a month except for the first (and manually exclude dates in
future years that will have the yearly backup). The 2nd policy might be
monthly and specify only the 1st Saturday of each month (again manually
excluding future dates of the yearly backups).  The 3rd policy might be
the yearly and would specify the specific dates for the future yearly
backups.   I'm not recommending this!  Only suggesting it's possible.

Michael F. Lavelle, in his post of 11/18/2005 11:22 AM, has given us the
definitive explanation of agent backups and how to use multiple
retention periods.  Highly recommended reading!

cheers, wayne