Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetWare NDMP on a NetWare Cluster

2006-01-18 13:10:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetWare NDMP on a NetWare Cluster
From: Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:10:33 -0500
I don't use NDMP, we use the Target method, but I believe this will still apply:
Netbackup is not Netware Cluster aware.    You cannot backup the Virtual
servers, you have to backup
the clustered resources from the physical node that the hosts the resource at
the time of backup.
In order to access the volume on the physical node you have to turn off
"cluster awareness" on  the
TSA (TSAFS.NLM i think)  Its been awhile since I've set this up, its done
through the Netware
Remote Management  Web interface.  Unless you do this  you cannot access the
clustered resources
from the local host.

Vincent Mase