Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vmware virtual machines vs Netbackup

2006-01-11 13:15:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vmware virtual machines vs Netbackup
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:15:13 -0500
> Anybody running a Client and/or Media server on a Virtual Machine over
> VMWare?  We're going to have a requirement to starting backing up both
> Windows & Redhat Linux running as virtual machines.

I've gotten as far as seeing that vmware does present SAN tape drives to a
RedHat virtual machine, so at least that much works.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

We usually see only the things we are looking for -
so much so that we sometimes see them where they are not.
            - Eric Hoffer, "The Passionate State of Mind"