Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Win2k3 x64 - Not ready for prime time

2006-01-11 11:43:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Win2k3 x64 - Not ready for prime time
From: andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com (Andrew Stueve)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:43:59 -0500
Lets see, no non-cluster x64 servers around.   So no testing of standard
clients.

>not running on the Node

I assume you mean the backup happening on the standby node of the
cluster.  Yes, that is why I am pulling my hair out.  It works!

Situation: Node 1 active, node 2 standby.  Node 2 will backup, while
Node 1 won't.  Same policy.  Change the cluster, making node 2 acitve
and node 1 standby.  Suddenly, node 1 WILL backup.  BUT, node 2 no
longer will backup.

This really is a pain.  I hope things get worked out soon.  Maybe MP5
will solve it.  Just, figuring out how to cope for the next few months
is the pain.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stueve