Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Server on Solaris 10/X86

2006-01-09 18:41:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Server on Solaris 10/X86
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (Ben Rockwood)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:41:37 -0800
Hello Folks,

 Apparently I was mistaken in believing that NetBackup Server was
avalible for Solaris 10 X86, it seems that only X86 client is supported,
even in 6.x.  I tried to find out what the plan is by calling support
(who in turn called Sales) but the answer was "We don't have that
information at this time."  I bitched enough that they are digging
around to find out, but I'm not confident they'll give me an answer.

  I was hoping someone here knew what was up with the S10/X86 server
release.  Scott McNealy stated back some time ago that Veritas would
release NetBackup Server for X86 in June/July of '05, but apparently
that didn't happen.  Anyone got the scope?  I'd be happy to become a
beta site... I really don't want to have to put Linux on my shiney new
backup system.

  Thanks.

  benr.