Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] All_Local_drives

2006-01-06 11:41:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] All_Local_drives
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:41:40 -0600
* WEAVER, Simon <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net> [2006-01-06 11:41]:

> Just a quick question - if I have a policy set for clients for Win2000/2003
> and backing up all local drives, does this also include the system state /
> shadow copy service?
>
> If so, I want to also add some NT clients to the same policy (rather than
> create several policies for different drive letters for each NT/2000/2003
> server I am backing up)

All Windows-based clients will work fine (NT4-2k3) with this.
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES will back up the registry on the NT4 boxes and the
System State on the newer boxes. Where things get messy is when you try
to explicitly back up drives. For example, on Win 2k3, if your filelist
is C:\, D:\, it will NOT get the System State:\

--
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com