Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] zoming survey/question

2006-01-04 15:10:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] zoming survey/question
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:10:52 -0600
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:50:46AM -0500, Paul Keating wrote:
> Just curious....those of you who admin your own zones/FC switches.
>
> How do you zone your drives/servers?
>
> for each HBA port, do you create a zone for the HBA port and all drives
> visable to it?
> ie. one HBA  and 3 drives = 1 zone?

Yup.  We create 1 zone per host (per fabric).

> ZONE_A = Server1_HBA0 & DRIVE0 & DRIVE1 & DRIVE2
> (then assuming SSO)
> ZONE_B = Server2_HBA0 & DRIVE0 & DRIVE1 & DRIVE2

In our case, our media server has a single zone on each fabric.  It
contains the WWNs of the HBA, the Fibre/SCSI bridges, and the storage
arrays for its DSSUs.

This makes it much easier if you ever have to swap an HBA (and we have
had one fail on our master/media server) - I only have to update 1 zone.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org