Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT drives going down

2006-01-04 10:44:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT drives going down
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:44:35 +0000
Im seeing Drive downs on my systems using fibre. They seem to have
dissapeared from 2 of the media managers also.

running netbackup 5.0 mp4 with Sun L700 library 5 LTO2 drives, 3 of
which are shared SSO option to 2 other media servers.

All connected via a san switch ( what type i dont know as its in a
remote site and i didnt install it ). I know the drives are zoned
somehow and the wwn's for devices are in /kernel/drv/sd.conf. Everything
was working fine and now some devices cant be seen when running cfgadm
-al it says failing..

Storedgetek have been out to check drives and say they are fine , yet
every day my script notes 2 going down and brings them backup. It was
just one of the shared drives now it has moved to 2 so all my ITC fails
for the media servers.

I have been trying to run cfgadm to reconfigure but i cant seem to get
the syntax right

:(