Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetApp/NAS - Backups

2006-01-31 19:14:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetApp/NAS - Backups
From: andersom68 AT yahoo DOT com (Michael Anderson)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:14:00 -0800 (PST)
I haven't used the filer as a remote agent so I can
not comment on that.  Well actually I can't comment on
the Unix version either.  I am using direct attached
filers to HP LTO2 drives for direct dumps of my larger
systems.  For the smaller filers I use three-way NDMP
through the Win2k3 Master attached to HP LTO2 drives.
I was actually amazed buy the performance of the 3-way
backups.  With direct attached drives to the filer I
am seeing ~40mb/sec and 3-way is producing ~30mb/sec,
not a bad solution when you can't afford to assign
drives to all filers.