Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] port tunneling java gui UNIX

2005-12-21 11:01:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] port tunneling java gui UNIX
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:01:01 +0000
Sorry people i had a session open when was doing final testing which was
hidden behind other windows.

Correction to below is you may get an error when trying to ssh -L
13722:localhost:13722 etc when sshing to the backup server itself. I
seemed to get some 'channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited:
open failed' error.

It does work when sshing to another machine and using the redirect as
below as i mentioned in the email. This works and has saved me a lot of
grief.

ssh -L 13722:<ip of backup server>:13722 -L 13724:<ip of backup
server>:13724 -C <ip of machine you can ssh to and has access to backup
server without the port restrictions from your admin laptop or wherever>

Thanks