Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup x64 Madness

2005-12-20 11:39:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup x64 Madness
From: andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com (Andrew Stueve)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:39:30 -0500
Client, Win2k3 em64t      (AMD processor, and 64bit windows)

So, with 5.1MP4, there is now support for this platform (tried
installing standard 32bit client, and it complained about the OS).  So,
we download and install the new software.  The Netbackup console now
reports:

Host: dbserver
OS: Windows Server 2003 5 (why the 5 at the end, I don't know, but they
all report that)
OS Type: UNIX    <- Unix??!?!?!!!?

So, I click on it to manage the server, and sure enough, the unix client
properties pops up. What is going on here?

--
Andrew Stueve
andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com