Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Experation

2005-12-19 15:06:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Experation
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:06:14 -0600
I'm fairly sure that a tape has to be pulled from the scratch pool
before it will be returned to the scratch pool. So if you added tapes
and added them to a pool other than scratch, they won't be moved to
Scratch once the are expired. They will just stay in the original pool.
I guess the best thing to do would be to watch your pools, see when
tapes are expired, and manually move them back to scratch the first
time. Once they are moved, let netbackup pull them from scratch into
your other pools. My guess is Netbackup is expiring your tapes, but it's
not obvious to you because you don't see them going back to scratch.

Thanks,

Kris