Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L180 and NBU 5.1 on Windows

2005-12-15 21:46:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L180 and NBU 5.1 on Windows
From: sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com (Boris K)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:46:42 -0500
------=_Part_1086_31986263.1134701202202

Hi,

We have the master and media servers Windows Server 2003 with NBU 5.1MP4,
then Emulex HBA cards and StorageTeck library L180 with 3 HP LTO2 tape
drives. If we use a HP tape driver for tape drives, everything looks
perfect, but as soon as we applied a Veritas driver, we can see errors in
the event log from NBU and within Widnows Device Manager, all tape drives
come up with exlamation marks. I always used native tape drivers from IBM o=
HP in the past with NBU and no any problems, but now the client wants to us=
Veritas driver and Veritas/Symantec says, they won't provide full support i=
not their driver loaded. Even, we tried to roll back to the older firmware
for tape drives based on Veritas matrix compatibility. Could somebody help
to get right answer as we are kind of stuck in the situation?

Thank you,

Boris

------=_Part_1086_31986263.1134701202202

Hi,<br><br>We have the master and media servers Windows Server 2003 with NB=
U 5.1MP4, then Emulex HBA cards and StorageTeck library L180 with 3 HP LTO2=
 tape drives. If we use a HP tape driver for tape drives, everything looks =
perfect, but as soon as we applied a Veritas driver, we can see errors in t=
he event log from NBU and within Widnows Device Manager, all tape drives co=
me up with exlamation marks. I always used native tape drivers from IBM or =
HP in the past with NBU and no any problems, but now the client wants to us=
e Veritas driver and Veritas/Symantec says, they won't provide full support=
 if not their driver loaded. Even, we tried to roll back to the older firmw=