Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA

2005-12-15 13:03:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:03:37 -0600
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:25:24AM -0600, Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA
wrote:
> I might have to upgrade NB to 6.0GA for various reasons on my production
> box. I realize that it's not recommended  to upgrade until mp1 but i'm
> kinda stuck.

I think that MP1 is due out this week.  However, in our discussions with
Symantec, MP2 looks like it might be the upgrade point for us.

> I'm thinking of leaving my clients at 5.0MP5. I'd like to run dssu's and
> bmr on 6.0GA. I have no need for NDMP or Vault.
>
> Has anyone upgraded their production system to NB Server 6.0GA?

I talked to a product manager who said that a lot of customers have
upgraded and are having no problems.  However, a lot of other customers
are having lots of problems.  You feeling lucky?

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org