Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster recovery configuration

2005-12-09 17:06:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster recovery configuration
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:06:11 -0600
We're starting the process of building out another data center as a
disaster recovery facility.  One of the things I don't yet know how to
configure is NetBackup.  We've got a single Solaris master server today
and will obviously be putting a Solaris backup server at the DR site.
We will also have a tape library there that will be doing regular
backups as well as handle any disaster recovery restorations.

Should I do a global cluster configuration for NetBackup?  If not, and I
configure the 2nd server as just a media server, how do I promote it to
be a master?  What support mechanisms are there to keep the catalog up
to date at the DR site?

I've had a quick look through the Veritas web site but haven't found
anything that documents best practises for cases like this.

Thanks,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA