Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Restore

2005-12-08 18:38:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Restore
From: Scott.Chapman AT icbc DOT com (Chapman, Scott)
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:38:16 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5FC50.76593BD1

I am having a problem restoring files where the first 8 characters of
the file name match a file that already exists.  The problem is similar
to  (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272314.htm), however, some of
the log entries aren't exactly the same, but the result is!

My concern is that if I restore a directory that contains a couple
versions of the same file (maybe with a v1 or v2 at the end of the
filename) I will only have the first one restored.  Has anyone seen
this?  I just had our local EMC CE upgrade the NAS appliance to 5.4.18
so that is just about as current as possible.

EMC NS702G NAS appliance running 5.4.18

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Scott Chapman

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5FC50.76593BD1

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>NDMP Restore</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am having a problem restoring files =
where the first 8 characters of the file name match a file that already =
exists.&nbsp; The problem is similar to&nbsp; (</FONT><A =
HREF=3D"http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272314.htm";><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272314.htm</FONT></U>=
</A><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">), however, some of the log entries =
aren't exactly the same, but the result is!</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">My concern is that if I restore a =
directory that contains a couple versions of the same file (maybe with a =
v1 or v2 at the end of the filename) I will only have the first one =
restored.&nbsp; Has anyone seen this?&nbsp; I just had our local EMC CE =
upgrade the NAS appliance to 5.4.18 so that is just about as current as =
possible.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">EMC NS702G NAS appliance running =
5.4.18</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any ideas?&nbsp; Thanks!</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 =
__</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial">Scott Chapman</FONT></B>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5FC50.76593BD1--