Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Obtaining NB client host properties from command line

2005-12-07 15:00:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Obtaining NB client host properties from command line
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:00:07 -0600
--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa

* Winter, Todd <todd.winter AT intel DOT com> [2005-12-07 10:59]:
> Is there a way to get Netbackup client host properties from the command
> line?  I'm looking for something similar to bppllist (which spits out
> all the settings for a policy). In particular I'm interested in querying
> clients for their exclude lists via command line.

windows, yes. UNIX, no.

for Windows systems, you can use bpgetconfig to read client info:
  bpgetconfig -M client

This will include Exclude/Include information.

On UNIX, this doesn't work. The closest thing you can do is ssh to the
client and look for exclude_list files in /usr/openv/netbackup or use
some other method to get to the files.

UNIX systems CAN use bpgetconfig for most other information, just not
the Exclude/Include info.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com