Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ARchiving Old Data

2005-12-07 11:18:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ARchiving Old Data
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:18:12 +0000
Just a suggestion it may not work in practice but what about doing
something i suggested but create a storage unit in netbackup as a disk
device and tell your policy to use that.

Then when invoking bparchive it would write things to a different set of
disks/array which the customers could still have access to for archived
data. It would also still have the added benefit of removing it from
live data storage area thus saving space.

An idea maybe?

Dave