Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL question

2005-12-02 03:39:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL question
From: mchiapusso AT hotmail DOT com (marco chiapusso)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:39:40 +0100
Hi guys,
does anyone implemented a Virtual Tape Library?
We are testing 2 type of VTL
On the comp matrix of NBU I see that some VTL are supported with inquiry
string... what does it means? When a VTL emulate a tape library the software
see the emulated library.... For example the Falconstor VTL it's supported
with "Supported with ?FALCON VTL? inquiry string and only as IBM LTO drive.
Direct backups to physical tape drives not currently supported." It's false
because if I emulate a STK SL500 with SDLT netbackup with the discovery see
the STK library and that drives...

Help me to understand!!!