Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Searching a command to deactivate all polici es

2005-12-01 19:20:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Searching a command to deactivate all polici es
From: kemal AT econ.umn DOT edu (Kemal Badur)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:20:51 -0600
mikemclain AT northwesternmutual DOT com wrote:
> How to prevent the VERITAS NetBackup (tm) scheduler from starting backup
> jobs during a maintenance period
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264787.htm
>

>     /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpconfig -tries 0
>
> Works every time and takes seconds to do.   The only thing it doesn't
> stop is user backup jobs initiated from clients.

I think if you set the number of maximum jobs per client to 0 by

bpconfig -mj 0

you also prevent client-initiated jobs from running - we never allowed
user backups on our site, so I can't really say for sure. This is the
cleanest way I know of to prevent any backup activity, but it is
probably not what Asiye was looking for.

HTH
Kemal