Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL vs. Disk based backups

2005-12-01 10:09:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL vs. Disk based backups
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:09:59 -0500
Well one draw back that we have seen that mgt does not seem to
understand is that this solution does not have hardware compression, it
is software which could slow things down and require a bigger powerful
machine. Another thing too that I have seen is that the Falconstor SW
does not talk to Veritas in terms of tape write and duplicates so you
have to manage 2 systems to handle how your data is being written from
disk to tape which Falconstore does without Veritas knowing about
directly.

Greg