Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Importing Tapes LTO1 Technology

2005-11-22 10:52:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Importing Tapes LTO1 Technology
From: smpt" <smpt AT peppas DOT gr (smpt)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:52:55 +0000
Hi,

It will take about 30 to 45 min for phase 1 and 2-3 hours for phase 2, if your
tape is full.

The only way to allocate a(some) Tape Drive(s) not for backup is to put the no
of drives -1(-x) to the storage unit. This way you will have one drive free,
but you can?t allocate a specific drive. It will be random. The advantage is
that the tapes you import will have the same density as all the other tapes you
have. (hcart)

If you want to allocate a specific device you must put it in a different
density (hcart2). This way all imported tapes will be in different density from
all the other tapes. You have to left the device in this density (or change it
back to hcart2) if you need a restore. If you need to reuse this tapes you must
delete them fro netbackup first

stefanos