Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tricking netbackup

2005-11-22 10:40:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tricking netbackup
From: smpt" <smpt AT peppas DOT gr (smpt)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:40:24 +0000
Hi to all,

One way that maybe tricks netbackup that the new servers were backed up is to
rename the image directory of the old server to the new server name.
>From /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/old_server_name
To /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/new_server_name

One other think I can imagine, is to copy the streams file from the old
server?s image dir to the new server?s image dir.

Always do a copy of the destination directory or file.

stefanos