Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath

2005-11-21 03:49:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:49:59 +0100
Hello All

After upgrading EMC powerpath to 4.4.1 on the Windows 2003 backup server, I
get the following error on my LTO2 drives:

Error bptm(pid=9660) The tape device at index -1 has a maximum block size of
65536 bytes, a buffer size of 262144 cannot be used

I have checked that the tape drivers support blocks greater than 65536
(Actually we been running with 262144 since june)

Any ideas about were to change this 64Kb limit ?

The backup are using Emulex L982 HBA's

Regards
Michael

--