Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Keyword for Oracle backup - some results

2005-11-19 09:58:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Keyword for Oracle backup - some results
From: c-u AT wp DOT pl (c-u AT wp DOT pl)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:58:30 +0100
> It seems like keywords specified in policy are ignored for Oracle
> backups. Instead $ORACLE_SID is substituted as keyword. Strange.

After some investigation it seems like setting key word
to Oracle instance name is a flawed "feature" needed by Oracle BLI
backups. You got to love it (esp when you don't intend to use BLI
anyway).

Probably there *is* an undocumented and unsupported hack,
but I rather redesign my scripts not to use keywords.

SAP backups have the same problem.

Jakub

REVOLVER: Gra, której regu³ nie pojmiesz
Najnowszy film Guy'a Richiego w kinach!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Frevolwer.html&sid=573