Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] migration to a new server - Followup question

2005-11-18 18:11:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] migration to a new server - Followup question
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:11:15 -0800
So, the procedure would be to install NetBackup on the new server, and
then tar them on the old box, move them over, and unzip these files into
their proper directories?

How about schedules, clients, all that? Is that encompassed in this
plan, or is that a different file system that needs to come over as
well?

Thanks again!

-dd

>>> "stefanos" <smpt AT peppas DOT gr> 11/7/2005 3:09:38 AM >>>
No , there is no way to do this.
Always the request will be from the real  server name. That's why you
must
put both virtual and real server name to the server list of all
netbackup
clients (and media servers). As I write this is what the cluster aware
installation of netbackup doing. Don't forget the cluster_name in the
vm.conf.

Stefanos