Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Kbytes on Media seems to be greater than allowable size for this kind of media

2005-11-11 12:14:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Kbytes on Media seems to be greater than allowable size for this kind of media
From: Patrick.Whelan AT lchclearnet DOT com (Patrick Whelan)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:14:38 -0000
Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this e-mail.

NetBackup determines the tape is full when it reaches the EOT mark on the tape.
NetBackup reports the size of the data backed up to tape based on the size of
the file on the disk. For sparse files, the disk may say 400,000,000KB, but if
you take out all the unused space or compress the spaces the file may only be
200KB, hence the size discrepancies between the three different tapes in your
example. Does this help?

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
Enterprise Systems Support (NetBackup)
LCHClearnet
+44 020 7426 7624
Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.
Aldous Huxley

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley