Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] YAPAMT

2005-11-09 14:38:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] YAPAMT
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:38:01 -0600
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 01:16:45PM -0600, Major, Rusty wrote:
> Yet Another Post About Monitoring Tools...
> So, was just curious if Aptare's tool is still top dog? Has Veritas'
> revamping of Advanced Reporter improved it enough to even consider it?

Veritas didn't revamp Advanced Reporter - they killed it.  They
introduced a new Operations Manager as part of NBU 6.0 (and it's free),
but from what I've heard, it's pretty good for real-time data but pretty
poor on long-term analysis (a major Aptare strength).

One user on this list has been posting regularly about a reporting
product that's popular in Europe.  I've never worked with it and haven't
seen any head-to-head comparisons between it and StorageConsole so I
don't know how it compares feature-wise or price-wise.

StorageConsole 5.0 is very imminent.  I was expecting to see it posted
to Aptare's web site when I returned from vacation but it hasn't quite
made it yet.  I believe it's available to ship to new customers though -
it's the upgrade from earlier releases that's a bit more tricky.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org