Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Given a file, how to determine to which tape(s) it was written

2005-11-08 18:12:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Given a file, how to determine to which tape(s) it was written
From: j AT joostm DOT nl (Joost Mulders)
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:12:44 +0100
No example at hand, but here's a general way to do it:

bplist -Listseconds -l -b /my/important/file

This will show the backup time of the last backup of the file [or add -d
<date>] for specific backups.

Convert the time you see here to epoch seconds [ believe bpdbm can do
this], and stick this to the client name: client_111223454345

now, run bpimagelist -bid client_111223454345 and there you have the tape.

HTH, Joost