Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple data stream and bpend_notify script

2005-11-08 11:18:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple data stream and bpend_notify script
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:18:59 -0700
In unix, I do this with what I call a "count" file.

As each stream ends, it writes appends a line to a common file.  The script
then checks the number of lines in the file and compares it against the
"STREAM_COUNT" variable.  If they match then the end-job is run & the count
file removed.

Beats me how to do this in MS Batch files but here's my script's logic:

echo $STREAM_NUMBER >> /tmp/countfile
if [ `wc -l /tmp/countfile | awk '{print $1}'` -eq $STREAM_COUNT ]
then
  echo "Last stream"
  rm /tmp/countfile
  <run end-of-job-stuff>
fi

There's some additional logic in the bpstart_notify script to check for an
old countfile that's gotten "lost" because a previous stream ended without
running it bpend_notify script.  This, of course, may lead to the end-of-job
startup stuff not running.  Usually, for me, that's not an issue.

-M