Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] re: Version information after FP9 Upgrade

2005-11-07 12:09:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] re: Version information after FP9 Upgrade
From: ROHRBACH_MARTIN_NONLILLY AT Lilly DOT com (Martin Rohrbach NONLILLY)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:09:50 +0000
--=_alternative 005E4953802570B2_=

Unfortunately, at least for 5.1, this command is not very useful. Although
we have upgraded everything to 5.1 MP3A S0949, we still get "5.1.0", "5.1"
and "510000" in the version strings for all masters, medias and clients.

Martin

"Eagle, Kent" <KEagle AT wilmingtontrust DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
07/11/2005 16:24

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] re: Version information after FP9 Upgrade

> Isamar Maia wrote, in part:
> >I just upgraded my Windows NBU 4.5 Datacenter client with FP9 patch.
> >... The problem is that when I open "Help->About", it is still
> >showing FP6 instead of FP9.

>From a command prompt, in the "Install
path\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd" directory (That's windows. Use the
usr path for unix) on any machine with the client installed, run the
following command (Note: the current account/machine has to have
rights)-

Bpgetconfig -s "servername"

It will generate some usefull output. Down near the bottom of the output
you should find something that looks similar to the following in which
you get definitive rev. levels. The first number in quotes is the base
version. The second number in quotes is the patch level.

Client of "Media server it's being backed up by"
PC, WindowsNT
5.1.0
NetBackup
"5.1"
"510000"
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin
Windows2000 5

Kent C. Eagle
Wilmington Trust Company
Systems Engineer, MCP, MCSE
Tech Services / SMSS
Business hours 7:00am-4:00pm EST
(302)-636-6137
keagle AT wilmingtontrust DOT com

Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental
agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or guaranteed by
Wilmington Trust or any other bank or entity, and are subject to risks,
including a possible loss of the principal amount invested. This e-mail
and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information.  It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity who is the intended recipient.  Unauthorized use of
this information is prohibited.  If you have received this in error,
please contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this
material from any system it may be on.

--=_alternative 005E4953802570B2_=

command is not very useful. Although we have upgraded everything to 5.1
MP3A S0949, we still get &quot;5.1.0&quot;, &quot;5.1&quot; and
&quot;510000&quot;
in the version strings for all masters, medias and clients.</font>
&lt;KEagle AT wilmingtontrust DOT com&gt;</b> </font>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</font>
edu</font>
after FP9 Upgrade</font></table>
&gt; &gt;I just upgraded my Windows NBU 4.5 Datacenter client with FP9
patch. <br>
&gt; &gt;... The problem is that when I open &quot;Help-&gt;About&quot;,
it is still <br>
&gt; &gt;showing FP6 instead of FP9.<br>
>From a command prompt, in the &quot;Install<br>
path\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd&quot; directory (That's windows. Use
the<br>
usr path for unix) on any machine with the client installed, run the<br>
following command (Note: the current account/machine has to have<br>
rights)-<br>
Bpgetconfig -s &quot;servername&quot;<br>
It will generate some usefull output. Down near the bottom of the output<br>
you should find something that looks similar to the following in which<br>
you get definitive rev. levels. The first number in quotes is the base<br>
version. The second number in quotes is the patch level.<br>
Client of &quot;Media server it's being backed up by&quot;<br>
PC, WindowsNT<br>
5.1.0<br>
NetBackup<br>
&quot;5.1&quot;<br>
&quot;510000&quot;<br>
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin<br>
Windows2000 5<br>
Kent C. Eagle<br>
Wilmington Trust Company<br>
Systems Engineer, MCP, MCSE<br>
Tech Services / SMSS<br>
Business hours 7:00am-4:00pm EST<br>
(302)-636-6137<br>
keagle AT wilmingtontrust DOT com<br>
***********************************************************************************<br>
Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental
agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or guaranteed by Wilmington
Trust or any other bank or entity, and are subject to risks, including
a possible loss of the principal amount invested. This e-mail and any files
transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
&nbsp;It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who
is the intended recipient. &nbsp;Unauthorized use of this information is
prohibited. &nbsp;If you have received this in error, please contact the
sender by replying to this message and delete this material from any system
it may be on.<br>