Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] re: Version information after FP9 Upgrade

2005-11-07 11:24:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] re: Version information after FP9 Upgrade
From: KEagle AT wilmingtontrust DOT com (Eagle, Kent)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:24:32 -0500
> Isamar Maia wrote, in part:
> >I just upgraded my Windows NBU 4.5 Datacenter client with FP9 patch.
> >... The problem is that when I open "Help->About", it is still
> >showing FP6 instead of FP9.

>From a command prompt, in the "Install
path\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd" directory (That's windows. Use the
usr path for unix) on any machine with the client installed, run the
following command (Note: the current account/machine has to have
rights)-

Bpgetconfig -s "servername"

It will generate some usefull output. Down near the bottom of the output
you should find something that looks similar to the following in which
you get definitive rev. levels. The first number in quotes is the base
version. The second number in quotes is the patch level.

Client of "Media server it's being backed up by"
PC, WindowsNT
5.1.0
NetBackup
"5.1"
"510000"
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin
Windows2000 5

Kent C. Eagle
Wilmington Trust Company
Systems Engineer, MCP, MCSE
Tech Services / SMSS
Business hours 7:00am-4:00pm EST
(302)-636-6137
keagle AT wilmingtontrust DOT com

Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other governmental
agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or guaranteed by Wilmington
Trust or any other bank or entity, and are subject to risks, including a
possible loss of the principal amount invested. This e-mail and any files
transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the
intended recipient.  Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.  If
you have received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this
message and delete this material from any system it may be on.
~~