Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.x or NetBackup 6.x

2005-11-03 22:03:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.x or NetBackup 6.x
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:03:11 -0800 (PST)
--- Rockey Reed <rockey_reed AT symantec DOT com> wrote:

> Ok so I am biased here!
>

> I would go with 6.0, the changes are significant
> enough there is no need
> to go through all of the 5.x issues, and get used to
> how to manage that
> environment only to upgrade in a year or so to 6.x
> and learn all its new
> features.  Start with 6.0 and learn it from the
> start and you won't be
> as confused later.  Also, I must say for a .0
> release that 6.0 appears
> to be stable.  Now with that said, only empirical
> data from sustained
> field use will tell the whole story.

if there are features that are required that exist in
6 but not 5, the choice is clear.  if 6 doesnt offer
anything new for what you require, go 5.x.  you can
always have a test env running 6 to make sure that any
future upgrade to 6 will have as few bumps as possible
while letting you see the new features...

http://farechase.yahoo.com