Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cross mount points? NFS?

2005-11-03 11:25:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cross mount points? NFS?
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:25:45 +0000
Paul Keating wrote:

> yes, the backup was traversing the snapshots as well.
> however, it shouldn't have been an issue, since "follow NFS" was
> turned off.
>
> I'm pretty sure at this point that it was happening because the mount
> point was created (/mnt/filer) and a symlink created /filer ->
> /mnt/filer and then the share was mounted onto /filer, rather than
> /mnt/filer.
>
> this link deeked out netbackup, so it couldn't see that the mount was
> of type "NFS".
>
> I haven't been able to thouroughly test this theory yet, though.
>
> Paul

Cant see how that could fool netbackup unless follow symbolic links is
checked. There is an option to follow them. I can see if this was set
and becuase your NFS volume was mounted from a sym link that it may
ignore the fact follow NFS wasnt checked, but it should have picked
/filler up as a sym link to start with and just backed the link up and
not where it goes.

Dave