Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup End-Of-Support

2005-11-02 14:32:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup End-Of-Support
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:32:38 -0500
--------------030609020909080308030704

I tried.  They said they can't locate any (I take that as won't locate any).
Nothing..  and patches.. forget it.  We were patched up a few levels
already.
So if we could get both the media and patches it didn't make sense.

Get off of 3.4 and go straight to 5.x, do not stop at 4.5 unless you
must migrate
the image catalogs.

--
Dan

Dave Carpe wrote:

>It is hard to get copies of the older versions.
>
>Contact your SE. Some of the old timers still have the CDS for 3.4 and
>3.2 that they can burn. They are getting rare though.

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I tried.&nbsp; They said they can't locate any (I take that as won't locate
any).<br>
Nothing..&nbsp; and patches.. forget it.&nbsp; We were patched up a few levels
already.<br>
So if we could get both the media and patches it didn't make sense.<br>
Get off of 3.4 and go straight to 5.x, do not stop at 4.5 unless you
must migrate<br>
the image catalogs.&nbsp; <br>
--<br>
Dan<br>
Dave Carpe wrote:<br>
 cite="mid60328AC568AE14478B6A4D38E3C30C57019D8D1B AT
rosxchcln6.enterprise.veritas DOT com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">It is hard to get copies of the older versions.

Contact your SE. Some of the old timers still have the CDS for 3.4 and
3.2 that they can burn. They are getting rare though.

MIT DOT EDU">mailto:dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU</a>]
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup End-Of-Support

It also means they won't supply software though.  We tried to get 3.4
software for Solaris, with patches and they wouldn't supply it.

--
Dan

Dave Carpe wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Just an FYI,

End of Support does not mean Tech Support won't take calls, BTW. It
means they will make best effort to help you but you will probably be
advised to upgrade the software if you have any serious problems.

It also means no new patches will be written to correct problems in any
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">release that has reach End of Support.

Dave

mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a>] On Behalf Of Williams,
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Kristopher L
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>

3.4 support ended quite awhile ago.........I'm in the same boat you
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->are.
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a>] On Behalf Of WEAVER,
Simon